American Legion Cowle Post 151 was established in 1919. The charter was received in March of that year. The Post was named after the Cowle brothers that resided in the Conneaut area. They both served in the United States Army. The first commander of Cowle Post 151 was Hugh Marcy. Commander Marcy served from 1919 through 1920. There have been a total of 85 legionnaires that have served as commander of Cowle Post 151. Attached is a picture of the Cowle brothers.