June 2020 update regarding The American Legion Department of Ohio
On Sun., May 3, 2020 the American Legion Dept. of Ohio had a “”virtual” meeting with all Districts of the State of Ohio to discuss and provide guidance on the activities in the Department of Ohio due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A summary of results are provided below.
- There will not be a Department (State ) Convention in 2020
- The Officers of the Department will stay in place for the 2020/21 year
- Post Officers will stay in place for the 2020/21 year. (Post 151 will follow this recommendation).
- The Boys State program has been canceled for 2020
- American Legion Baseball has been canceled for 2020
- There was no mention of Memorial Day Ceremonies. There will be no parade or luncheon held in 2020 at Post 151.
The above is effective 3 May 2020
Thank you once again for your patience and understanding during this time. The Post is waiting patiently for the directive from the Governor of the State of Ohio as to when it may open again and what the restrictions may be.
Hopefully this finds each and everyone safe and healthy.
Larry Latva, Commander